Chatham Light - #45, card

25chathamlightbig.jpg
25chathamlightbig.jpg

Chatham Light - #45, card

3.00

watercolor

 

Third in series of lighthouses built in Chatham beginning in 1808, today's tower was built in 1877 as one of two that stood on either side of the lighthouse keeper's dwelling (now home of the Chatham Coast Guard). The other tower was moved to Eastham to become Nauset Light. Both are built of brick-lined cast iron. 
The intense 1000-watt beam of Chatham light can be seen from 28 miles at sea and identified by its "signature" of two flashes every ten seconds.

Karen, who hopes to do watercolors of landmarks in each Cape Cod town, felt that this scene will be remembered by all who visit Chatham.

 

Quantity:
Add To Cart